1. Disconnect the battery hold-down strap.
2. Remove the battery cover.
3. On conventional batteries, remove the battery vent tube.
4. Disconnect the black (negative) battery cable first.
5. Disconnect the red (positive) battery cable last.
6. Lift the battery out of the ATV. Be careful not to tip a conventional
battery sideways, which could spill electrolyte.
NOTICE: If electrolyte spills, immediately wash it off with a solution of one
tablespoon baking soda and one cup water to prevent damage to the