Cleaning and Storage
NOTICE: Starting the engine during the storage period will disturb the
protective film created by fogging and damage could occur. Never
start the engine during the storage period.
Clean the Exterior
Make any necessary repairs and clean the vehicle as recommended. See
Stabilize the Fuel
1. Fill the fuel tank.
2. Add Polaris Carbon Clean Fuel Treatment or Polaris Fuel Stabilizer.
Follow the instructions on the container for the recommended
amount. Carbon Clean removes water from fuel systems, stabilizes
fuel and removes carbon deposits from pistons, rings, valves and
3. Allow the engine to run for 15-20 minutes to allow the stabilizer to
disperse through the fuel in the tank and carburetor.
4. Turn the fuel valve off.
5. Drain the carburetor bowl.
Oil and Filter
Change the oil and filter. See page 70.
Air Filter / Air Box
1. Inspect and clean (or replace) the pre-cleaner and air filter. See page
2. Clean the air box.
3. Drain the sediment tube.
4. Clean or replace the breather filter. See page 84.