Cleaning and Storage
Inspect the fluid levels. Add or change fluids as recommended in the
Periodic Maintenance Chart beginning on page 62.
• Demand drive unit (front gearcase)
• Rear gearcase (if equipped)
• Brake fluid (change every two years and any time the fluid looks dark
• Coolant (test strength/fill)
Fog the Engine
1. Support the front end of the machine so the engine is level or tilted
2. Remove the spark plug. Rotate the piston to BDC and pour two
ounces (59 ml) of Premium 4 Synthetic 0W40 engine oil into the
3. Reinstall the spark plug. Torque to specification.
4. Apply dielectric grease to the inside of the spark plug cap. Reinstall
5. Turn the engine over several times using the recoil starter. Oil will
be forced in and around the piston rings and ring lands, coating the
cylinder with a protective film of fresh oil.
6. Treat the fuel system with Polaris Carbon Clean. See page 109.
7. If Polaris fuel system additive is not used, the fuel tank, fuel lines,
and carburetor should be completely drained of gasoline.
8. To eliminate any fuel remaining in the carburetor, run the engine
until it stops.