Driving on Slippery Surfaces
Whenever riding on slippery surfaces such as wet trails or loose gravel,
or during freezing weather, follow these precautions:
1. Do not operate on excessively rough, slippery or loose terrain.
2. Slow down when entering slippery areas.
3. Engage AWD before wheels begin to lose traction.
NOTICE: Severe damage to drive train may occur if the AWD is engaged while
the wheels are spinning. Allow the rear wheels to stop spinning
before engaging AWD, or engage AWD before wheels begin to lose
4. Maintain a high level of alertness, reading the trail and avoiding
quick, sharp turns, which can cause skids.
5. Never apply the brakes during a skid. Correct a skid by turning the
handlebars in the direction of the skid and shifting your body