Descending Hills Improperly
Improperly descending a hill could cause loss
of control or overturn.
• Always follow proper procedures for travel-
ing down hills as described in the owner's
manual. NOTE: A special technique is
required when braking while traveling down-
hill. See page 53.
• Always descend a hill with the transmission
in forward gear. Do not descend a hill with
the transmission in neutral.
• Always check the terrain carefully before
descending a hill.
• Shift your weight rearward.
• Never travel down a hill at high speed.
• Avoid traveling down a hill at an angle, which would cause the vehicle to lean
sharply to one side. Travel straight down the hill when possible.
Driving on a sidehill is not recommended.
Improper procedure could cause loss of control
or overturn. Avoid crossing the side of any hill
unless absolutely necessary.
If crossing a hillside is unavoidable, always follow
proper procedures as described in the owner's
manual. See page 52.
Never attempt to turn the ATV around on any hill
until you've mastered the turning technique (on
level ground) as described in the owner's
manual. See page 54.