• DON'T-Use blades larger or smaller than those which
• DON'T-Wedge anything against fan to hold motor
• DON'T-Force cutting action. (Stalling or partial stalling
of motor can cause major damage. Allow motor to
reach full speed before cutting.)
• DON'T-Cut ferrous metals (Those with any iron or
steel content) or any masonry.
• DON'T-Use abrasive wheels. The excessive heat and
abrasive particles generated by them will damage
• DON'T-Allow anyone to stand behind saw.
• DON'T-Apply lubricants to the blade when it's running.
• DON'T-Place either hand in the blade area when the
saw is connected to the power source.
• DON'T-Use blades rated less than 5500 R.P.M.
• DON'T-Attempt to cut small pieces (hand within 6" of
blade) without clamping.
• DON'T-Operate saw without guards in place.
• DON'T-Perform any operation freehand.
• DON'T-Reach around or behind saw blade.
• DON'T-Place hands closer than 6 inches
from the saw blade.
• DON'T-Reach underneath the saw unless it is
turned off and unplugged. The saw blade is exposed
on the underside of the saw.
• DON'T-Move either hand from saw or work-
piece or raise arm until blade has stopped.
• DON'T-Use without Kerf Plate or when kerf
slot is wider than 3/8"
CAUTION: Some wood contains preserva-
tives such as copper chromium arsenate
(CCA) which can be toxic. When cutting these
materials extra care should be taken to avoid
inhalation and minimize skin contact.
CAUTION: Use of this tool can generate dust
containing chemicals known to cause cancer,
birth defects or other reproductive harm. Use
appropriate respiratory protection.
CAUTION: Do not connect unit to electrical
power source until complete instructions are
read and understood.
For your convenience and safety, the following
warning labels are on your miter saw.
ON MOTOR HOUSING:
WARNING: FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY, READ INSTRUC-
TION MANUAL BEFORE OPERATING SAW. WHEN
SERVICING, USE ONLY IDENTICAL REPLACEMENT
PARTS. ALWAYS WEAR EYE PROTECTION.
CLAMP SMALL PIECES BEFORE CUTTING. SEE MANUAL.
DANGER – KEEP AWAY FROM BLADE.
ON GUARD RETAINER PLATE: "PROPERLY SECURE
BRACKET WITH BOTH SCREWS BEFORE USE."
ON TABLE: (2 PLACES)
ALWAYS TIGHTEN ADJUSTMENT KNOBS BEFORE
USE. KEEP HANDS 6" FROM PATH OF SAW BLADE.
NEVER PERFORM ANY OPERATION FREEHAND.
NEVER CROSS ARMS IN FRONT OF BLADE. THINK!
YOU CAN PREVENT ACCIDENTS. DO NOT OPERATE
SAW WITHOUT GUARDS IN PLACE. NEVER REACH IN
BACK OF SAW BLADE. ALWAYS WEAR EYE PROTEC-
TION. SHUT OFF POWER AND WAIT FOR BLADE TO
STOP BEFORE SERVICING, ADJUSTING TOOL, OR
Be sure your power supply agrees with the nameplate
marking. A voltage decrease of 10 percent or more will
cause a loss of power and overheating. All B&D tools are
factory tested. If this tool does not operate, check the