Draining the oil
This operation cannot be carried out with the fork installed on the motorcycle.
We recommend loosening the fork cap a little before removing the fork leg
from the fork yokes.
• Remove the fork leg from the steering crowns according to the procedure in the
motorcycle owner's manual.
• Clamp the fork leg (11) in the vice.
• Remove the lock cap (1) from the fork leg using a 4mm open-ended spanner.
• Slowly lower the slider (11) on the stanchion tube.
• Free the fork leg (11) from the vice and tip it into a container of a suitable size to
drain the oil; pump the fork to help the oil ﬂow out.
Check appearance, density and quality of the old oil to get an idea of the
condition of the sealing and guiding elements. If the oil is dense and dark with
solid particles in it you will have to replace the guide bushes and the sealing
Part. N. 8000 H0368 (09-2008)