The washers (46) and the piston (45) are the ones causing the compression
braking. It is possible, if needed, to modify the fork's behaviour during the
compression phase, by replacing the washers (46) and the piston (45) with
other components having different characteristics.
Only use original Marzocchi washers and pistons, do not modify the
• Replace the piston o- ring ( 44 ) if needed.
• Insert in the bottom valve the washer or the washers' stack regulating the
compression ( 46 ), the piston ( 45 ), complete with the o- ring ( 44 ), the washer (
43 ) and the spring ( 33 ), following this order.
The piston must be oriented in a way that the holes having smaller diameter
are placed towards the setting washers (46).
• Tighten the nut ( 42 ) by hand.
• Lock the bottom screw in the vice through the spanner seizing ( 47 ).
• Using a 13 mm spanner tighten the nut ( 42 ) up to the required torque (see Table
1 - Tightening torques).
RE- ASSEMBLING THE FORK LEG – SLIDER AND OIL SEALS
The old oil seals and dust seals must not be used again. Before re-
assembling, check the conditions of the guide bushings; replace them if they
are scratched or grooved. Check the Teflon coating of the guide bushings
which must be in a good condition.
• Apply some adhesive tape to the end of the stanchion tube so that it covers the seat
of the top bushing.
• Smear the dust seal and the oil seal with some grease.
Part. N. 8000 H0368 (09-2008)