Smoothtop surface shows
Moisture collects on oven
window or steam comes from
There is a strong odor or light
smoke when oven is turned on.
Noises may be heard.
There are no beeps and
"SAb" flashing and then
1. Tiny scratches or abrasions.
• Make sure cooktop and pan bottom are clean. Do not slide glass or metal pans
across top. Make sure pan bottom is not rough. Use the recommended
cleaning agents. See page 21.
2. Metal marks.
• Do not slide metal pans across top. When cool, clean with Cooktop
Cleaning Creme. See page 21.
3. Brown streaks and specks.
• Remove spills promptly. Never wipe with a soiled cloth or sponge. Make sure
cooktop and pan bottom are clean.
4. Areas with a metallic sheen.
• Mineral deposits from water and food. Use recommended cleaning agents.
See page 21.
5. Pitting or flaking.
• Remove sugary boilovers promptly. See page 21.
• This is normal when cooking foods high in moisture.
• Excessive moisture was used when cleaning the window.
• This is normal for a new range and will disappear after a few uses. Initiating a clean
cycle will "burn off" the odors more quickly.
• Turning on a ventilation fan will help remove the smoke and/or odor.
• Excessive food soils on the oven bottom. Use a self-clean cycle.
• BAKE or LOCK may flash rapidly in the display to alert you if there is an error
or a problem. If BAKE or LOCK appear in the display, press CANCEL pad.
If BAKE or LOCK continue to flash, disconnect power to the appliance.
Wait a few minutes, and then reconnect power. If the flashing still continues,
disconnect power to the appliance and call an authorized servicer.
• If the oven is heavily soiled, excessive flareups may result in a fault code during
cleaning. Press the CANCEL pad and allow the oven to cool completely, wipe out
excess soil, then reset the clean cycle. If the fault code reappears, contact an
• The oven makes several low level noises. You may hear the oven relays as they go on
and off. This is normal.
• As the oven heats and cools, you may hear sounds of metal parts expanding and
contracting. This is normal and will not damage your appliance.
• Oven may be in Sabbath Mode. See page 15.
• Oven is in Sabbath Mode. To cancel, press and hold the Clock pad for five