For most concerns, try these first.
Part or all of appliance does not
Clock, indicator words, and/or
lights operate but oven does
Baking results are not as
expected or differ from
Food is not broiling properly or
Oven will not self-clean.
Oven did not clean properly.
Oven door will not unlock after
• Check if oven controls have been properly set.
• Check to be sure plug is securely inserted into receptacle.
• Check or re-set circuit breaker. Check or replace fuse.
• Check power supply.
• Check if surface and/or oven controls have been properly set. See pages 4 & 10.
• Check if oven door is unlocked after self-clean cycle. See page 20.
• Check if oven is set for a delayed cook or clean program. See pages 13 & 19.
• Check if Control Lock is activated. See page 9.
• Check if control is in Sabbath Mode. See page 15.
• Oven may be set for a Cook & Hold or Delay function.
• The Control Lock may have been set. See page 9.
• Make sure the oven vent has not been blocked. See page 17 for location.
• Check to make sure range is level.
• Temperatures often vary between a new oven and an old one. As ovens age, the oven
temperature often "drifts" and may become hotter or cooler. See page 15 for
instructions on adjusting the oven temperature. NOTE: It is not recommended to
adjust the temperature if only one or two recipes are in question.
• See "Cooking Made Simple" booklet for more information on bakeware and
• Check oven rack positions. Food may be too close to element.
• Broil element was not preheated.
• Aluminum foil was incorrectly used. Never line the broiler insert with foil.
• Oven door was closed during broiling. Leave the door open to the first stop position
(about 4 inches).
• Trim excess fat from meat before broiling.
• A soiled broiler pan was used.
• Voltage in house may be low.
• Check to make sure the cycle is not set for a delayed start. See page 19.
• Check if door is closed.
• Check if control is in Sabbath Mode. See page 15
• Oven may be over 400° F. Oven temperature must be below 400° F to program a
• Longer cleaning time may be needed.
• Excessive spillovers, especially sugary and/or acidic foods, were not removed prior
to the self-clean cycle.
• Oven interior is still hot. Allow about one hour for the oven to cool after the
completion of a self-clean cycle. The door can be opened when the LOCK indicator
word is not displayed.
• The control and door may be locked. See page 9.