Adjusting the Oven Temperature
Oven temperatures are carefully tested for accuracy at the
factory. It is normal to notice some baking or browning
differences between a new oven and an old one. As ovens
get older, the oven temperature can shift.
You may adjust the oven temperature if you think the oven is
not baking or browning correctly. To decide how much to
change the temperature, set the temperature 25° higher or
lower than your recipe recommends, then bake. The results
of the "test" should give you an idea of how much to adjust
To adjust the oven temperature:
1. Press the Bake pad.
2. Enter 550° by pressing the appropriate number pads.
3. Press and hold the Bake pad for several seconds or until 0°
appears in the display.
If the oven temperature was previously adjusted, the
change will be displayed. For example, if the oven tem-
perature was reduced by 15° the display will show "-15°".
4. Press the Autoset 0 pad to adjust the temperature.
Each time the Autoset 0 pad is pressed, the temperature
changes by 5°. The oven temperature can be increased or
decreased by 5° to 35°.
Pressing the Autoset 0 pad will first cycle through increas-
ing the oven temperature (5, 10, . . . 35). Continuing to
press the Autoset 0 pad will then cycle through decreasing
the oven temperature (-35, -30, . . . -5).
5. The time of day will automatically reappear in the display.
You do not need to readjust the oven temperature if there is a
power failure or interruption. Temperature adjustment applies
to Bake, Convect Bake and Convect Roast only. Broiling and
cleaning temperatures cannot be adjusted.
The Favorite pad allows you to save the time and temperature
from Cook & Hold function.
To set a Favorite cycle, a Cook & Hold function must be either
active or just programmed.
To set a new Favorite cycle or to save a cur-
rently running Cook & Hold as a Favorite:
1. Program a Cook & Hold cycle as described in the Cook &
Hold section on page 12.
2. Press and hold the Favorite pad for three
• The newly set or currently running Cook & Hold cycle
will be saved.
• A beep will sound to indicate that the control has
accepted the Favorite setting.
To start a cycle programmed into Favorite:
1. Press the Favorite pad.
• Time and temperature for the set Cook & Hold cycle will
be displayed. (If no Cook & Hold cycle has been pro-
grammed, "nonE" is displayed.)
2. Press Bake, Convect Bake or Convect Roast.
• The Favorite cycle will begin immediately.
• The selected cycle word will light in the display.
• The cooking time will light in the display.
When the cooking time has elapsed:
• The selected cycle word will turn off.
• HOLD and WARM will light.
• 170° will display.
To cancel a Favorite cycle in progress:
1. Press the CANCEL pad.
• The stored Favorite cycle will not
2. Remove food from the oven.