Care & Cleaning
• It is normal for parts of the range to become hot during a
• To prevent damage to oven door, do not attempt to open
the door when LOCK is displayed.
• Avoid touching cooktop, door, window or oven vent area
during a clean cycle.
• Do not use commercial oven cleaners on the oven finish
or around any part of the oven. They will damage the
finish or parts.
The self-clean cycle uses above-normal cooking temperatures
to automatically clean the oven interior.
It is normal for flare-ups, smoking, or flaming to occur during
cleaning if the oven is heavily soiled. It is better to clean the
oven regularly rather than to wait until there is a heavy build-
up of soil in the oven.
During the cleaning process, the kitchen should be well
ventilated to get rid of normal odors associated with cleaning.
1. Turn off the oven light before cleaning. The light may burn
out during the clean cycle.
2. Remove broiler pan, all pans, and oven racks from the
oven. The oven racks will discolor and may not slide easily
after a self-clean cycle if they are not removed.
3. Clean oven frame, door frame, area outside of gasket, and
around the opening in the door gasket with a nonabrasive
cleaner such as Bon Ami* or detergent and water. The
self-cleaning process does not clean these areas. They
should be cleaned to prevent soil from baking on during
the clean cycle. (The gasket is the
seal around the oven door and
4. To prevent damage, do not clean or
rub the gasket around the oven
door. The gasket is designed to
seal in heat during the clean cycle.
5. Wipe up excess grease or spillovers from the oven bottom.
This prevents excessive smoking, flare-ups or flaming
during the clean cycle.
6. Wipe up sugary and acidic spillovers such as sweet
potatoes, tomato, or milk-based sauces. Porcelain enamel
is acid-resistant, not acid-proof. The porcelain finish may
discolor if acidic spills are not wiped up before a self-clean
* Brand names for cleaning products are registered trademarks of the respective manufacturers.
To set Self-Clean:
Note: Oven temperature must be below 400° F to program
a clean cycle.
1. Close the oven door.
2. Press the Clean pad.
• CLEAN flashes.
• SET flashes in the display.
3. Press the Autoset 0 pad.
• MEd (Medium Soil, 3 hours) is displayed.
4. Press the Autoset 0 pad to scroll through the self-cleaning
HVy (Heavy Soil, 4 hours)
MEd (Medium soil, 3 hours)
LITE ( Light Soil, 2 hours)
Choosing the soil level of the oven automatically programs
the self-cleaning time.
5. After four seconds, the oven will start cleaning.
• If the door is not closed, beeps will sound and "door" will
display. If the door is not closed within 30 seconds, the
self-cleaning operation will be canceled and the display
will return to the time of day.
• CLEAN will appear in the display.
• LOCK will flash in the display. Once the door locks, the
word will remain steady.
• The cleaning time will start counting down in the display.
To Delay a Self-Clean Cycle:
1. Press the 1 Delay pad.
• DELAY flashes.
• 00:00 will flash in the display.
2. Enter the amount of time you want to delay the cycle using
the appropriate number pads.
3. Press the Clean pad.
• SET flashes in the display.
4. Press the Autoset 0 pad.
• LITE (Light soil level) is displayed.