To set Broil:
1. Press the Broil pad.
• BROIL flashes.
• SET flashes.
2. Press the Autoset 0 pad once to set HI broil or
twice to set LO broil.
• HI or LO will be displayed.
• Select HI broil (550° F) for normal broiling. Select
LO broil (450° F) for low-temperature broiling of longer
cooking foods such as poultry.
3. After four seconds, the oven will start.
• BROIL will remain lit.
• HI or LO will remain lit.
4. For optimum browning, preheat broil element for 3-4
minutes before adding food.
Steak, 1" thick,
Hamburgers, 3/4" thick,
Fish Steaks, buttered, 1" thick
Lobster Tails, 3-4 oz. each
Note: This chart is a suggested guide. The times may vary with the food being cooked.
6 or 7
5. Place food in the oven. Leave oven door open about four
inches (the first stop).
6. Turn meat once about halfway through cooking.
7. When food is cooked, press the CANCEL pad.
Remove food and broiler pan from the oven.
• The time of day will reappear in the display.
• For best results when broiling, use a pan designed for
• Expect broil times to increase and browning to be
slightly lighter if appliance is installed on a 208-volt
• HI is used for most broiling. Use LO broil when broiling
longer cooking foods. The lower temperature allows
food to cook to the well done stage without excessive
• Broil times may be longer when the lower broiling
temperature is selected.
• Most foods should be turned halfway through broiling
• For additional broiling tips and temperatures, refer to the
"Cooking Made Simple" booklet.
6 - 10 minutes
10 - 11 minutes
10 - 15 minutes
7 - 10 minutes
7 - 12 minutes
8 - 14 minutes
6 - 9 minutes
12 - 14 minutes
3 - 7 minutes
15 - 25 minutes