STARTING AND BREAK-IN
1. Before starting the engine, fill the fuel tank
with a break-in oil-fuel mixture as follows.
2. Perform the pre-operation checks on the
3. Start and warm up the engine. Check the
idle speed, and check the operation of the
controls and the engine stop switch.
4. Operate the machine in the lower gears at
moderate throttle openings for five to eight
minutes. Stop and check the spark plug
condition; it will show a rich condition dur-
5. Allow the engine to cool. Restart the
engine and operate the machine as in the
step above for five minutes. Then, very
briefly shift to the higher gears and check
full-throttle response. Stop and check the
6. After again allowing the engine to cool,
restart and run the machine for five more
minutes. Full throttle and the higher gears
may be used, but sustained full-throttle
operation should be avoided. Check the
spark plug condition.
7. Allow the engine to cool, remove the top
end, and inspect the piston and cylinder.
Remove any high spots on the piston with
#600 grit wet sandpaper. Clean all compo-
nents and carefully reassemble the top
8. Drain the break-in oil-fuel mixture from the
fuel tank and refill with the specified mix.
9. Restart the engine and check the operation
of the machine throughout its entire operat-
ing range. Stop and check the spark plug
condition. Restart the machine and operate
it for about 10 to 15 more minutes. The
machine will now be ready to race.
1 - 15
15 : 1