ALL REPLACEMENT PARTS
1. We recommend to use Yamaha genuine
parts for all replacements. Use oil and/or
grease recommended by Yamaha for
assembly and adjustment.
GASKETS, OIL SEALS AND O-RINGS
1. All gaskets, oil seals, and O-rings should
be replaced when an engine is overhauled.
All gasket surfaces, oil seal lips, and O-
rings must be cleaned.
2. Properly oil all mating parts and bearings
during reassembly. Apply grease to the oil
LOCK WASHERS/PLATES AND COTTER
1. All lock washers/plates 1 and cotter pins
must be replaced when they are removed.
Lock tab(s) should be bent along the bolt or
nut flat(s) after the bolt or nut has been
BEARINGS AND OIL SEALS
1. Install the bearing(s) 1 and oil seal(s) 2
with their manufacturer's marks or numbers
facing outward. (In other words, the
stamped letters must be on the side
exposed to view.) When installing oil
seal(s), apply a light coating of light-weight
lithium base grease to the seal lip(s). Oil
the bearings liberally when installing.
Do not use compressed air to spin the
bearings dry. This causes damage to the
1 - 4