*1: General notes:
- Make sure that the flexible cables and wires in the harness are in the proper position and connected correctly.
3-2. Special Notes on Repair
- Do not drop the ferrite core, which may cause damage.
- Protect electrical parts from damage due to static electricity.
- Before removing a unit, after removing the power cord, allow the machine to sit for approx. 1 minute (for capacitor discharging
to protect the logic board ass'y from damages).
- Do not touch the timing slit strip film and timing slit disk film. No grease or abrasion is allowed.
- Protect the units from soiled with ink.
- Protect the housing from scratches.
- Exercise caution with the red screws, as follows:
i. The screws of the paper feed motor may be loosened only at replacement of the paper feed motor unit (DO NOT loosen
them in other cases).
ii. The screws securing the carriage rail may be loosened only at replacement of the carriage unit. After carriage unit
replacement, print on thick paper to confirm that the distance between the print head and paper (between the carriage rail
and the platen) is correct, and that the print head does not contact the paper during printing. If the print head contacts the
paper, adjust the carriage rail position, while referring to
To the table of contents
- Do not bend the film.
Servicing, or Parts Catalog, for details.
<Part 1: 3. REPAIR; 3-1. Notes on Service Part Replacement>
1. Perform the print head
alignment in the user mode.
[3-3. Adjustment / Settings, (2) Carriage rail
- Service test print
To the top