<Ink absorber counter setting procedures>
Set the ink absorber counter data to a replaced new EEPROM after the logic board is replaced in servicing.
1) Before replacement of the logic board ass'y, check the ink absorber counter value in EEPROM information print.
Verification Items, (2) EEPROM information print.
2) In the ink absorber counter setting mode, press the Stop/Reset button the specified number of time(s) according to the ink absorber
whose counter value should be transferred to the replaced new EEPROM.
Main ink absorber
Borderless-print ink absorber
Both the main and borderless-print ink absorbers
3 times or more Not valid
3) Press the ON/OFF button to proceed to the next step.
4) The ink absorber counter value can be set in 10% increments by pressing the Stop/Reset button. Press the Stop/Reset button the
appropriate number of time(s) to select the value which is closest to the actual counter value (which was checked in step 1) above.
10 times or more
5) Press the ON/OFF button to set the selected value to the EEPROM. Print EEPROM information to confirm that the value is properly
set to the EEPROM.
Ink absorber counter value to be set (%)
Press the ON/OFF button to return to the ink absorber counter setting mode.
Press the ON/OFF button to return to the ink absorber counter setting m