4. MACHINE TRANSPORTATION
This section describes the procedures for transporting the machine for returning after repair, etc.
1) In the service mode, press the ON/OFF button to finish the mode, and confirm that the paper lifting plate of the sheet feed unit is
2) Keep the print head and ink tanks installed in the carriage.
See Caution 1 below.
3) Turn off the machine to securely lock the carriage in the home position. (When the machine is turned off, the carriage is
automatically locked in place.)
See Caution 2 below.
4) Tape the following points:
(1) Paper support: Right and left sides
(2) Paper output tray: Right and left sides
(3) Paper thickness lever: Set the lever to the left (for the regular head-to-paper distance), and fix it with tape.
(1) If the print head is removed from the machine and left alone by itself, ink (the pigment-based black ink in particular) is likely to
dry. For this reason, keep the print head installed in the machine even during transportation.
(2) Securely lock the carriage in the home position, to prevent the carriage from moving and applying stress to the carriage flexible
cable, or causing ink leakage, during transportation.
If the print head must be removed from the machine and transported alone, attach the protective cap (used when the packing was
opened) to the print head (to protect the print head face from damage due to shocks).
To the table of contents
<Part 1: 4. MACHINE TRANSPORTATION>
To the top