EPSON Stylus Photo R300/R310
1.3 Unit Level Troubleshooting
You can identify the troubles by using the checklist in this section after confirming the
LED/LCD indication on the control panel or the error message displayed on STM3 of
the PC connected to the printer. As a result, you can save the whole repair time. When
finding any faulty parts, refer to Chapter 2 "ASSEMBLY/DISASSEMBLY" and
replace them. Following tables describe the error conditions (LED/LCD and STM3)
and their possible cause.
Position of CR
When turning on the power, the printer
does not operate at all.
When turning on the power, the
initialization is performed correctly.
However, a Communication Error is
displayed on STM3 even transferring the
printing job to the printer.
Table 1-4. Check Points for Communication Error to Each Phenomenon
1. Check if "Power Supply Board Cable" is connected to
the CN2 on "Main Board".
2. Check if "Power Supply Board Cable" is not damaged.
1. Check if the correct model name is written in EEPROM
on "Main Board".
1. Check if "USB Cable" is connected properly between
the printer and the PC.
1. Check if the Stylus Photo R300/R310 Printer Driver is
used for the printer job.
Unit Level Troubleshooting
The following is the example of how to use the tables.
When "Carriage Unit" is out of the home position at the power on timing,
the Fatal Error may be caused by the failure of "CR Motor". Moreover,
there are 3 possible causes on "CR Motor" failure.
When individual part that makes up "Roller EJ Assy.", "PF Motor" and "Ink System
Assy." is defective, replace the Printer Mechanism with a new one basically. However,
if an individual part needs to be replaced urgently, execute the necessary operation by
referring to Chapter 2 "ASSEMBLY/DISASSEMBLY".
1. Connect "Power Supply Board cable" to the
CN2 on "Main Board".
2. Replace "Power Supply Board" with a new
* If the problem still occurs, replace "Main
1. Write proper Market Setting in the Adjustment
1. Connect the printer and the PC with a "USB
1. Install the Stylus Photo R300/R310 Printer
Driver in the PC.