Talk is Google's instant messaging service. You can use it to communicate in real
time with other people using Talk on a phone or on the web.
9.3.1 Opening Talk
On the Home screen, touch
Your Talk account is based on the Google account you set up with your mobile
9.3.2 Adding a Friend
1. In the friends list, touch
2. Enter the Talk instant messaging ID or Gmail address of the friend you want to add.
3. Touch Send invitation.
9.3.3 Accepting an Invitation
1. If you have invited anyone to chat or if someone else has invited you to chat, this
information will appear in the friends list.
2. Touch a pending invitation, and then touch Accept.
9.3.4 Starting a Chat
1. In the friends list, touch a friend's name in the friends list.
2. Use the onscreen keyboard to enter text and chat with your friend.
3. After entering your message, touch Send.
9.3.5 Setting Notifications for New Instant Messages
Whenever you receive an instant message, your mobile phone can play a sound,
vibrate, or display an icon. To set up one of these handy notifications, start in the
friends list, and then touch
Talk to open the application.
, and then touch Add friend.
. Then touch Settings. Now choose from one of the