2.2.3 Important Information About the Battery
• If the battery has not been used for a long time, you may not be able to power on
your mobile phone immediately after you begin charging the battery. Allow the
battery to charge for a few minutes with the phone powered off before attempting
to power the phone on.
• As it ages, the battery's performance will degrade, in particular it will not hold charge
as it did when it was new. When the battery life becomes noticeably shorter than
usual after being charged properly, replace the battery with a new one of the same
• Using data services increases the power consumption of the phone and will
therefore reduce the length of time that the phone can be used between battery
• The time required to fully charge the battery depends on the ambient temperature
and the age of the battery.
• When the battery power is low, the phone will alert you and display a message.
When the battery power is almost exhausted, your phone will power off
2.2.4 Power Saving Tips
The longevity of battery power depends on the network to which you connect, and
how you use your mobile phone.
Try the following to conserve battery power:
• When you do not need 3G services, set your phone to connect to a 2G network.
• When your mobile phone is not in use, turn off the screen backlight.
• Reduce the time it takes for your screen backlight to turn off when your phone is
• Lower the screen brightness.
• Turn off Bluetooth when you are not using it. Only make your phone visible to other
Bluetooth devices when you need to establish a Bluetooth connection.
• Turn off Wi-Fi when you are not using it.
• Turn off your phone's GPS receiver when you are not using it.
• Lower the volume.
• Close power-draining programs, when you do not need them.