2. Flick your finger vertically, horizontally or diagonally, connect at least four dots in
any order you choose. Lift your finger from the screen when you are finished.
You must drag your finger between the dots on the screen to create the pattern,
not simply touch individual dots.
3. Your mobile phone will record the pattern. Touch Continue.
4. When prompted, draw the screen unlock pattern again, and then touch Confirm.
To change your unlock screen pattern, touch Location & security
12.6.3 Protecting Your Mobile Phone with a Numeric PIN
You can set up a numeric PIN to lock your phone.
1. On the Settings screen, touch Location & security
2. Enter at least four characters.
3. Touch Continue.
4. Enter the same characters again and touch OK.
To change your PIN, touch Location & security
12.6.4 Unlocking Your Mobile Phone If You Forget the Screen
If you have already created a Google account, you can unlock your mobile phone
using the following methods.
• After you have entered the wrong sequence five times, a Forgot pattern? button
will appear. Touch this button to enter the Google account interface. After you have
entered your Google account password, you will be able to reset the unlock pattern.
• After you have entered the wrong pattern twenty times, you will be taken directly to
the Google account interface. After you have entered your Google account
password, you will be able to reset the unlock pattern.
12.7 Managing Applications
12.7.1 Viewing an Installed Application
1. On the Settings screen, touch Applications
2. In the applications list, do either of the following:
Set up screen lock
Change screen lock.