• Periodically back up personal information kept on your SIM/UIM card, memory
card, or stored in your device memory. If you change to a different device, be sure
to move or delete any personal information on your old device.
• If you are worried about viruses when you receive messages or emails from a
stranger, you can delete them without opening them.
• If you use your device to browse the Internet, avoid websites that might pose a
security risk to avoid theft of your personal information.
• If you use services such as Wi-Fi tether or Bluetooth, set passwords for these
services to prevent unauthorized access. When these services are not in use, turn
• Install or upgrade device security software and regularly scan for viruses.
• Be sure to obtain third-party applications from a legitimate source. Downloaded
third-party applications should be scanned for viruses.
• Install security software or patches released by Huawei or third-party application
• Some applications require and transmit location information. As a result, a third-
party may be able to share your location information.
• Your device may provide detection and diagnostic information to third-party
application providers. Third party vendors use this information to improve their
products and services.
• If you have concerns about the security of your personal information and data,
please contact email@example.com.
1.3 Legal Notice
Copyright © Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. 2011. All rights reserved.
No part of this document may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any
means without prior written consent of Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
The product described in this manual may include copyrighted software of Huawei
Technologies Co., Ltd. and possible licensors. Customers shall not in any manner
reproduce, distribute, modify, decompile, disassemble, decrypt, extract, reverse
engineer, lease, assign, or sublicense the said software, unless such restrictions are
prohibited by applicable laws or such actions are approved by respective copyright