Cannot Install the Printer Driver or an Application Program
Cannot Install the
Unable to proceed
beyond the Printer
is inserted into the
If the printer driver installation did not start automatically when you inserted the
into the CD-ROM drive:
1. Click Start and select My Computer.
2. Double-click the CD-ROM icon
For non-Windows XP, double-click the My Computer icon on the desktop and then
double-click the CD-ROM icon
Double-click the CD-ROM icon on your desktop to start installation.
If the CD-ROM icon is not displayed, restart your computer. If the icon is still not
displayed, try different disks and see if they are displayed. If other disks are
displayed, there is a problem with the
Easy Setup Instructions
If the installer was forced to be terminated due to an error, Windows may be
unstable. Remove the CD-ROM from the CD-ROM drive and restart your computer.
Reinstall the printer driver. If this problem persists, refer to your Windows
documentation for more information.
Reinstall the printer driver.
1. Click Cancel on the Printer Connection
2. Click Start Over on the Installation
3. Click Back on the screen that appears
4. Click Exit on the Welcome screen, then
remove the CD-ROM.
5. Turn the printer off.
6. Check the cable connection.
7. Restart the computer.
8. Make sure no other applications
(including anti-virus programs) are
9. Carefully follow the procedures
described in the
and reinstall the driver.
. Contact the Customer Care
packaged with your printer for proper printer