An Error Message Appears on the Screen
Printer is not ready
Printer port setting
does not match the
to the printer
Printer driver is not
Ensure that the POWER lamp lights.
If the POWER lamp is off, turn the printer on.
The POWER lamp will flash blue when the printer is initializing. Wait until the
POWER lamp stops flashing and remains lit blue.
When the ALARM lamp is flashing orange, an error may have occurred in the
printer. For details on how to resolve the error, refer to
on page 76.
Check the printer port settings.
1. Click Start and select Control Panel, Printers and Other Hardware, and then
Printers and Faxes.
For non-Windows XP, click Start, select Settings, and then Printers.
2. Select the icon of your printer.
3. Open the File menu and select Properties.
4. Click the Ports tab to confirm the port settings.
Make sure that a port named USBnnn (Canon Pro9500 series) (where "n" is a
number) is selected for Print to the following port(s).
If the port setting is not correct, change the port setting according to the
interface you are using on the Ports tab, or reinstall the printer driver.
Ensure that the printer is securely connected to the computer.
If you are using a relay device such as a USB hub, disconnect it,
connect the printer directly to the computer, and try printing
again. If printing starts normally, there is a problem with the
Consult the reseller of the relay device for details.
There could also be a problem with the USB cable. Replace the
USB cable and try printing again.
Uninstall then reinstall the printer driver.
1. Click Start, and select All Programs (or Programs), the name of your printer,
2. Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall the driver.
3. Follow the procedures described in the
the printer driver.
Easy Setup Instructions