• Be careful not to rub or scratch the surfaces of any types of paper when handling.
• Hold the paper as closely as possible to its edges and try not to touch the printing
surface. The print quality may be degraded if the printing surface is smudged with
sweat or oil that comes from your hands.
• Do not touch the printed surface until the ink has fully dried. Even when the ink has
fully dried, be careful not to touch the printed surface as much as possible when
handling. Due to the nature of the pigment ink, the ink on the printed surface may be
removed when being rubbed or scratched.
Loading Paper in the Auto Sheet Feeder
For detailed information on the Canon genuine media for use with its
various printers, refer to
"Printing Media" in the
Flatten the four corners of the paper before loading it.
Before loading paper, be sure to flatten its four corners. Otherwise, the
paper may jam.
When paper is curled, gently bend it in the opposite direction of the curl
(without curling the reverse side) and then load the paper. For details on
how to flatten paper curl, refer to
When using Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss, even if the sheet is curled,
load one sheet at a time as it is. If you roll up this paper to flatten, this
may cause cracks on the surface of the paper and reduce the print
To prevent paper from being curled, we recommend handling it in the
- Put unused paper back into the package, and store them
- Remove only as many sheets from the package as you need right
"Using Specialty Media"
"Media is curled"
on page 15, or
on page 71.