Automatic self system checks
Water supply is turned off
Water does not
Water valve screens are
enter washer or
Inlet hose screen washers are
Incorrect wash cycle
Repeated washing in water that is
Not enough detergent
Not using HE (high-efficiency)
Water is not hot enough
Detergent is not dissolving
Incorrect use of fabric softener
Water supply is improperly
House water heater is not set
Slight variation in
This is normal
Washer unused for a long time,
Bad odor inside
not using recommended quality of
HE detergent or used too much
What To Do
• After Start is pressed, the washer does several system washer
or enters slowly checks. Water will flow 60 seconds after Start
• Turn on both hot and cold faucets fully.
• Turn off the water source and remove the water connection
hoses from the upper back of the washer. Use a brush or
toothpick to clean the screens in the machine. Reconnect the
hoses and turn the water back on.
• Turn off the water source and remove the inlet hoses from the
wall faucets. Use a brush or toothpick to clean the screen
washers in the end of the hoses. Reconnect the hoses and turn
the water back on.
• Avoid mixing heavy items (like work clothes) with light items
• Load your washer so clothes have enough room to move freely.
• Match cycle selection to the type of fabric you are washing
(especially for easy care loads).
• Wash in warm or cold water.
• Use correct amount of detergent.
• Use HE detergent.
• Use hottest water safe for fabric.
• Use a water conditioner like Calgon brand or install a water
• Make sure water heater is delivering water at 120°–140°F
• Try a liquid detergent.
• Sort clothes by color. If fabric label states wash separately,
unstable dyes may be indicated.
• Check fabric softener package for instructions and follo
directions for using dispenser.
• Sort whites or lightly colored items from dark colors.
• Promptly remove wash load from washer.
• Make sure hoses are connected to correct faucets.
• Make sure house water heater is delivering water at
• Due to the metallic properties of paint used for this unique
product, slight variations of color may occur due to viewing
angles and lighting conditions.
• Run a Basket Clean cycle.
• In the case of strong odor, you may need to run the Basket
Clean cycle more than once.
• Use only the amount of detergent recommended on the
• Use only HE (high-efficiency) detergent.
• Always remove wet items from the washer promptly after
machine stops running.
• Leave the door slightly open for the water to air dry. Close
supervision is necessary if this appliance is used by or near
children. Do not allow children to play on, with or inside this or
any other appliance.