Cleaning the Pump Filter
Due to the nature of the front-load washer, it is
sometimes possible for small articles to pass to the
pump. The washer has a filter to capture lost items
so they are not dumped to the drain. To retrieve
lost items, clean out the pump filter.
1. Using a coin or flat screwdriver in the notch on
the door, open the access door.
2. Place a shallow pan or dish under the pump
access door and towels on the floor in front of
the washer to protect the floor. It is normal to
catch about a cup of water when the filter is
3. Pull down the pour spout.
4. Turn the pump filter counterclockwise and
remove the filter. Open slowly to allow the
water to drain.
5. Clean the debris from the filter.
6. Replace the filter and turn clockwise.
7. Flip up the pour spout.
8. Close the access door.