Download Print this page

Important Safety Instructions - Uniden MER 9600C Manual

Hide thumbs


Important Safety Instructions

When using your telephone equipment, basic safety precautions
should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electrical shock,
and injury to persons, including the following:
1. Read and understand all instructions.
2. Follow all warnings and instructions marked on the product.
3. Unplug this product from the wall outlet before cleaning. Do not
use liquid cleaners or aerosol cleaners. Use a dry cloth for
4. Do not use this product near water; for example, near a sink or
in a wet area.
5. Do not place this product on an unstable cart, stand, or table.
The telephone may fall, causing serious damage to the unit.
6. To protect the product from overheating, do not block or cover
any slots or openings in the base Unit. This product should
never be placed near or over a radiator or heat register. This
product should not be placed in a built-in installation unless
proper ventilation is provided.
7. This product should be operated only from the type of power
source indicated on the marking label.
8. Do not allow anything to rest on the power cord. Do not locate
this product where the cord will be damaged by persons
walking on it.
9. Do not overload wall outlets and extension cords, as this can
result in the risk of fire or electrical shock.
10. Never push objects of any kind into this product through the
Base Unit slots, as they may touch dangerous voltage points or
short out parts that could result in a risk of fire or electric shock.
Never spill liquid of any kind on the product.
11. To reduce the risk of electric shock, do not disassemble this
product. Contact qualified service personnel when some service
or repair work is required. Opening or removing covers may
expose you to dangerous voltages or other risks. Incorrect
reassembly can cause electric shock when the appliance is
subsequently used.



  Related Manuals for Uniden MER 9600C