Maintenance and Upgrade
Power Button Shut Down
The AMP PC3000 runs in two modes:
• Main power mode—Power is supplied to all AMP PC3000 components and all operating systems can
• Standby power mode—Power is supplied only to the service processor and certain components. You can
After you shut down the AMP PC3000 to standby power, electric current is still present in the chassis. To
completely remove power as directed in some maintenance procedures, you must disconnect all power cords
from all power supplies on the AMP PC3000.
You can shut down the AMP PC3000 using the front panel Power button or software management. The
software management options are:
• Through the CIMC command line interface, see the
• Through the CIMC user interface, see the
• Through the Private Cloud Administration Portal, see the
Check the Power LED:
• Amber—The AMP PC3000 is already in standby mode and you can safely remove power.
• Green—The AMP PC3000 is in main power mode and you must shut it down before you can safely remove power.
Power Button Shut Down, on page 33
Remove and Replace a Drive, on page 34
Remove and Replace a Power Supply, on page 36
safely remove power cords from the AMP PC3000 in this mode.
Controller CLI Configuration Guide
C H A P T E R
Cisco UCS C-Series Servers Integrated Management
Cisco UCS C-Series Integrated Management Controller GUI
Private Cloud Administration Portal User Guide
Cisco AMP PC3000 Hardware Installation Guide