DVD, CD, and USB Devices
Using the System
If the system cannot erase the disc, use a computer to erase it. If the computer cannot erase
the disc, it may be damaged.
1. Touch Review.
2. Load a disc into the drive and wait for it to become available.
3. In the Review Exam display, click Erase.
4. In the Erase Disc dialog box, click OK to erase the disc.
5. When the dialog box indicates that erasing is complete, click OK.
6. Click Close.
The system provides USB ports that can be used to connect USB storage devices. Such devices
include USB memory devices and USB hard disk drives. USB ports are on the front left of the
system behind the transducer holders and on the rear panel. Read the following information
before using USB storage devices.
The system supports the following USB devices:
• Single-partition USB flash memory drives
• USB flash memory drives that do not use or contain any antivirus or other executable
• USB hard disk devices that require 500 mA or less per USB port
• USB 2.0 compliant devices
• USB 3.0 compliant devices
Some portable hard drives do not work when connected to a single USB port on the system.
Connect a dual-port USB cable between the drive and two USB ports behind the right panel of
Connecting externally powered USB hard disk drives to the system involves electrical safety
risks. If you connect such drives to the system, you must observe the electrical safety
warnings in the
section. Philips recommends that you use only USB hard disk drives
powered from the USB connector, or use USB flash memory devices.
EPIQ 7 User Manual 4535 617 25341