Read This First
• Help: Available on the system in some languages and included on the CD, the Help contains
comprehensive instructions for using the system. The Help also provides reference
information and descriptions of all controls and display elements. To display the Help, touch
• Acoustic Output Tables: Included on the CD, it contains information about acoustic output
and patient-applied part temperatures.
• Medical Ultrasound Safety: Included on the CD, it contains information on bioeffects and
biophysics, prudent use, and implementing ALARA (as low as reasonably achievable).
• Shared Roles for System and Data Security: Included on the CD, it contains guidelines to
help you understand how the security of your Philips product could be compromised and
information on Philips' efforts to help you prevent security breaches.
• Media Compatibility: Included on the CD, it contains current information on media that are
compatible with your system.
Your Philips product uses certain conventions throughout the interface to make it easy for you
to learn and use:
• Three unlabeled buttons near the trackball are used with the trackball. The two buttons on
either side of the trackball are called the "left and right trackball buttons," and they operate
somewhat similarly to PC mouse buttons. The button above the trackball is called the
"middle trackball button," and it is used to update the imaging display, complete
measurements, and other operations as specified in procedures. The trackball arbitration
icon, at the bottom of the display, indicates the current functions of the trackball buttons.
• Tabs along the top of the monitor display let you choose additional sets of setup options.
Tabs along the top of the touch screen let you choose additional pages of controls.
• To type text into a text field, click in the field and use the keyboard.
• To display a list, click the down arrow
end of the scroll bar or drag the scroll box up or down.
• Controls on the control panel include buttons, knobs, slide controls, and a trackball. Press a
button to activate or deactivate its function. Turn a knob to change the selected setting.
Press a knob-button to activate its function, or turn it to change the selected setting. Move
a slide control to change its setting. Roll the trackball in the direction that you want to move
on the touch screen.
. To scroll through a list, click the arrows at either
EPIQ 7 User Manual 4535 617 25341