Contents 1 Introduction 5 Repair instructions 1.1 Document description..........3 5.1 To clean and examine the product parts....19 1.2 Target group............3 5.2 To replace a trimmer line cutter......19 1.3 Revisions..............3 5.3 To replace the trimmer head........ 19 1.4 Safety..............3 5.4 To change the keypad..........20 1.5 Servicing tools............3 5.5 To replace the EMC filter........
2 Safety 2.1 Safety definitions WARNING: Do not put the battery back until the product is assembled. Warnings, cautions and notes are used to point out specially important parts of the manual. 1. Press in the catches (1) and remove the battery (2). WARNING: Used if there is a risk of injury or death for the operator or bystanders if the instructions in the manual are not obeyed.
3 Servicing data 3.1 Servicing data LiL, LiR, LiC/iC The numbers show the tightening torque for the components in Nm. * Tightening torque during inspection: 52 ft/lb (2.5 Nm). LiL, LiR 3 ~ 4 Nm 10 mm 6 ~ 8 Nm 4 mm 6 ~ 8 Nm 4 mm...
3.2 Servicing data LiLX/iLX, LiRX/iRX The numbers show the tightening torque for the components in Nm. * Tightening torque during inspection: 52 ft/lb (2.5 Nm). LiLX/iLX, LiRX/iRX LiLX, iLX 3 ~ 4 Nm 4 mm 6 ~ 8 Nm 4 mm 4 mm 6 ~ 8 Nm 35 ~ 50 Nm...
3.6 Servicing data LiLX/iLX US from S/N 20182500300 (x2) 1 Nm (x2) 1 Nm (x6) 1,7 ~ 2 Nm 4 mm 3.7 Servicing data LiR -2015100000 Symbol used where grease is to be used. 10 - Servicing data 737 - 002 - 25.10.2018...
The common service tool (CST) tool is used with a used to update the software in battery products. computer (not included) for Husqvarna products. The common service tool transmits data from the product and battery to the computer, for example Pos.
5 Repair instructions 5.1 To clean and examine the product parts 5.3 To replace the trimmer head • Clean and examine all parts fully. You find more Note: To increase the life and quality of the trimmer line instructions in the chapter for each part if special soak it in water for 1-2 days.
5.4 To change the keypad 5. Remove the protective tape from the new keypad and put it on the holder. Apply pressure to the keypad, 10 N/cm². CAUTION: Do not bend the keypad. 10 N/cm CAUTION: The cable that is connected the >10 sec keypad is very easily damaged.
5.6 To replace the handle Trimmer line 4. Disassemble the trimmer line. See replacement on page 17 1. Loosen the knob LiL, LiLX/iLX or the wing nut LiC/iC and remove the parts from the shaft. To disassemble the 5. Disassemble the motor. See motor on page 22 2.
5.9 To replace the motor and drive wheel Make sure to put them correctly to prevent damage when the product is assembled. 136LiC, 336LiC/315iC • Remove the motor housing and replace it with a new 1. Remove the 6 screws (A) and the 4 screws (B) and Trimmer guard on page 34 .
6. For products with S/N up to: LiL -2015080000, LiR 5.11.2 To assemble the motor -2015100000. Disconnect the wires (A, grey), (B, 1. Put the wires through the shaft. Attach the wires to a black) and (C, red) from the control unit. steel wire to make this easier.
5.12 Main switch 4. For products with S/N from: LiL, LiLX 2015080000-, LiR, LiRX 201510000-. Put the wires through the resistance (D). Connect the wires with (A, grey) at 5.12.1 To disassemble the main switch the top, (B, black) in the middle and (C, red) at the bottom.
3. Lift out the main switch and disconnect the gray wire a) To disconnect the cable, release the catch (D) (A). with a small screwdriver and pull the connection (C) out. 5.12.2 To assemble the main switch 126.96.36.199 For products with S/N: LiL -2015080000, LiR -2015100000: 4.
188.8.131.52 For products with S/N: LiL, LiLX 184.108.40.206 For products with S/N: LiLX/iLX 2015080000-, LiR, LiRX 201510000-: 20180200201-, LiRX/iRX 20174900446- 1. Attach the connector (C) to the main switch. Apply 1. Attach the cable (A) to the main switch and put it in grease to the contact surfaces and the connector.
5. Remove the screws (G) to the control unit and the b) Hold down the spring (X) with a small screws (H) to the battery connector. screwdriver to release the pin (Y) and the pull out the cable. 220.127.116.11 For products with S/N: LiL, LiLX 2015080000-, LiR, LiRX/iRX 201510000-: Operating 1.
7. Remove the connector (D) for the keypad, main 3. Connect the cables from the motor to the control unit switch and to the fan. with (A, grey), (B, black) and (C, red). 4. Attach the yellow cable (D) to the control unit. 5.
5.14 Fan 18.104.22.168 For products with S/N: LiL, LiLX 2015080000-, LiR, LiRX/iRX 201510000-: 5.14.1 To replace the fan 1. Attach the cables from the motor to the control unit with (A, grey), (B, black) and (C, red). 22.214.171.124 For products with S/N: LiL -2015080000, LiR 2.
8. Put all the components in the battery housing. 4. Put the fan in the battery housing. Make sure that Attach the 2 screws to the control unit (G) and the 2 the rotating part of the fan points to the inner surface screws to the battery connector (H).
5. Lift out the main switch and disconnect the cables (A 5. Lift out the main switch and disconnect the wire. and B), the connector (C) and the keypad (D). Disassemble the keypad and its cables. 6. Disassemble the wear guard below the battery To remove the wear guard from the housing.
9. Remove the control cables from the clip on the wear 5. Assemble the wear guard below the battery housing. To disassemble the wear guard on page 21 . guard and loosen the cables from their related cable holder. 6. Apply grease to the contact surfaces and the connector.
11. Put the cable in the wear guard and assemble the 4. Assemble the keypad. Connect the cable to the handle arm. main switch, put the parts in the operating handle. 5. Put the cable in the operating handle and connect the 2 cable holders with the 4 screws.
5.16 Trimmer guard 8. Put the cable in the wear guard and assemble the handle arm. 5.16.1 To disassemble the trimmer guard LiL, LiLX/iLX, LiR, LiRX/iRX 1. Remove the screw (A) and remove the trimmer guard (B). 9. Put the control cable on to the clip and wear guard. 2.
5.16.2 To disassemble the trimmer guard LiC/iC 5.16.3 To assemble the trimmer guard LiL, LiLX/ iLX, LiR, LiRX/iRX 1. Remove the 4 screws (A) and remove the motor cover (B). 1. Attach the trimmer guard attachment with the screw (C). 2.
5.16.4 To assemble the trimmer guard LiC/iC 3. Attach the motor cover (B) with the 4 screws (A). 1. Move the trimmer guard (C) down the shaft. Move the trimmer head onto the shaft and attach it with the screw (D). Connect the connector (E). 2.
5.18 Battery housing correctly to prevent damage when the product is assembled. 5.18.1 To disassemble the battery housing 1. Remove the 4 screws and remove the battery 1. Remove the 3 screws (A) and 1 screw (B) and housing half. remove the handle.
b) LiR, LiRX/iRX a) LiL, LiLX/iLX, LiC/iC b) LiR, LiRX/iRX c) LiLX/iLX US from S/N 20182500300 3. Clean and examine all parts fully. There is more instructions in the chapter for each part if special c) LiLX/iLX US from S/N 20182500300 tools or procedures are necessary.
6 Troubleshooting 6.1 Overhaul Note: Refer to the manual for the common service tool for instructions and obey the instructions. Examine the components of the product. You find repair and servicing instructions for each component in the related chapters of this manual. 2.
Symptom Possible causes Recommended step Electrical motor makes sudden move- Short circuit in control unit. Replace the control unit. ment when you push the power trig- ger, then stops. Product stops when you apply work Defective power connectors. Make sure that the power connectors load.
6.7 Troubleshooting the control unit BLDC - S/N from: LiL, LiLX 2015080000-, S/N from: LiR, LiRX/iRX 201510000- Make sure that the blade terminals and related wires are not bent or damaged. • (A) 6.3x0.8 mm M- (Black wire) • (B) 6.3x0.8 mm M+ (Red wire) •...
6.8 Troubleshooting of the battery and battery charger Symptom Possible causes Recommended step No LEDs flash on the battery when Defective battery. Replace the battery. you press the start button. A warning sign shows a constant red Defective battery. Replace the battery. light on the battery when the start but- ton is pressed.
Symptom Possible causes Recommended step A green lamp on the charger comes Defective Battery. Put the battery in a QC330 charger. If on for approximately 5-10 seconds the same problem occurs, replace the when the battery is attached. After battery. that a red warning sign flashes on the Defective charger.
2015080000-, LiR, LiRX/iRX 201510000- LiR/LiRX -20174900446 6.11.1 Power connectors On 536LiL, 536LiR, 136LiC, 536LiLX, 536LiRX, 336LiC apply grease between the pins 1 and 2 and between the Make sure connectors are clean and that metal surfaces pins 3 and 4, inside as well as outside.
6.11.5 Motor connector 6.11.6 Cable Make sure that the motor connector is assembled Make sure that the cable is assembled correctly. correctly. 6.12 Troubleshooting of the electrical system 6.12.1 Troubleshooting diagram for the electrical system Product will not start Check the battery Let the machine cool Can the product be started Is the keypad showing a...
5. LED 1, Green: On/Off LiR/LiRX -20174900446 6. LED 2, Green: save The main switch in battery products from Husqvarna 7. Supply energizes the control unit and the motor. It is also used 8. LED 3, Red: Fault/optional chain brake as a position sensor for the speed control.
6.12.4 Troubleshooting of the battery connector 4. Lift the plastic fastener and pull out the communication cable, if installed. 126.96.36.199 To disassemble the battery connector CAUTION: The pin in the connector of the communication cable is loose and can fall out. 1.
188.8.131.52 To assemble the battery connector 3. Put the battery connector with the black wire into the negative side of the plastic housing. Align the holes CAUTION: The pin in the connector of the wire for the pins. is loose and can fall out. 1.