Note: When the DY position setting adjustment is going to
be performed, set the ROTATION or ROTATION2
to 128. Set the LCC switch to OFF (0). Set the
digital uniformity DU to OFF (0). Perform all these
settings before starting the DY position setting
adjustment. The ROTATION and the LCC switch
are located in the lower layer of the E board of
MAINTENANCE. DU ON/OFF is located in the
lower layer of the BUF board.
1. Input the white signal.
2. Press the BRIGHTNESS VR button and CONTRAST
VR button to set both into the PRESET state. (The
LED (Green) on the buttons will go off.) Press the
SHIFT button and the 16:9 button of the FUNCTION
button to select the 16:9 mode.
3. Allow the aging of 30 to 60 minutes with luminance of
4. Confirm that ROTATION and ROTATION2 remains
in the center value 128 using the ALIGNMENT menu
of the SET UP menu.
5. Direct the CRT screen in the direction of east (or
west). Press the DEGAUSS button.
6. Set the Purity knob in its mechanical center.
4-pole magnet (Fix)
(H.STAT & V.STAT)
7. Push the DY (deflection york) to the front as much as
8. Fix the neck assembly at the position shown in Fig. 1-3.
9. Adjust the screen to green color only. [Turn ON the
SHIFT button (orange LED lights up), and turn ON the
R and B buttons (LED lights up)].
10. Adjust the Purity knob so that green comes to the
center of screen as shown in Fig. 1-4.
11. Move the DY back until the whole screen becomes
12. Adjust the DY tilt using the cross-hatch signal, and
tighten the DY tightening screw.
13. Adjust the up/down DY twist adjustment in vertical
direction while observing the vertical pin cushion
14. Adjust the DY neck twist adjustment in horizontal
direction while observing the horizontal trapezoidal
(The adjustment sensitivity for the horizontal trapezoi-
dal signal is very poor. Be careful not to adjust the
DY inclination too excessively so as to adversely
affect the convergence.)
15. Fix the deflection yoke using the four DY spacers.
(Confirm DY inclination and the DY position in the
front and rear directions.)