Ensure the rear door is open when printing on transparencies. If not, the transparencies may tear when exiting the machine.
To avoid paper jams and print quality problems, load only print media
Flatten any curl on postcards, envelopes, and labels before loading them into the Multi-purpose Feeder.
To use the Multi-purpose Feeder:
1. Pull the Multi-purpose Feeder down towards you; pull its extension to hold longer paper.
2. If you are using paper, flex or fan the edge of the paper stack to separate the pages before loading.
For transparencies, hold them by the edges and avoid touching the print side. Oils from your fingers can cause print-quality problems.
3. Load the print material with the side to be printed on facing up.
Depending on the paper type being used, adhere to the following loading method:
Envelopes: load with the flap side down and stamp area on the top left side.
Transparencies: load with the print side up and the top with the adhesive strip entering the printer first.
Labels: load with the print side up and top short edge entering the printer first.
Preprinted paper: load with the design face up, top edge towards the printer.
Card stock: load with the print side up and the short edge entering the printer first.
Previously Printed Paper (re-use): the printed side should be facing down with an uncurled edge toward the printer.
4. Squeeze the multi-purpose feeder paper width guides and adjust them to the width of the paper. Do not use force, or the paper will buckle resulting in
a paper jam or skew.
5. After loading paper, set the paper type and size for the Multi-purpose Feeder. See
NOTE: The printer driver settings override the settings on the operator panel.
Downloaded from ManualsPrinter.com Manuals
"Setting the Paper