1-2-10. Removal of Anode Cap
Short-circuit the anode of the picture tube and the anode cap to the metal chassis, picture tube shield or carbon painted on
the picture tube, after removing the anode.
. . . . . Removal Procedure
(1) Turn up one side of the rubber cap in the
direction indicated by arrow a.
. . . . . Handling Precautions
(1) Do not scratch the surface of anode cap with a sharp object.
(2) Do not press the rubber so hard that it damages the inside of
anode caps. A shatter-hook terminal is built into the rubber.
(3) Do not turn the foot of the rubber over.
The shatter-hook terminal will stick out or damage the rubber.
1-2-11. G Board Removal (14 inch)
Screw (+BVTP 3 x 16)
1 Anode cap
2 Open the lead holder in the
direction of the arrow.
(2) Using a thumb, pull up the rubber cap
firmly in the direction indicated by
4 Two screws (+PSW 4 x 8)
(3) When one side of the rubber cap is
6 G shield
5 G board
separated from the anode button, the
anode-cap can be removed by turning
up the rubber cap and pulling up it in
the direction of the arrow c.