2-2-9. Removal of Anode-cap
Short circuit the anode of the picture tube and
the anode cap to the metal chassis, picture tube
shield or carbon painted on the picture tube,
after removing the anode.
1. Removing Procedures
(1) Turn up one side of the rubber cap in the direction
indicated by the arrow a.
(2) Using a thumb pull up the rubber cap firmly in the
direction indicated by the arrow b.
(3) When one side of the rubber cap is separated from the
anode button, the anode-cap can be removed by turning
up the rubber cap and pulling up it in the direction of
the arrow c.
2. Handling Precautions
(1) Don't hurt the surface of anode-caps with sharp shaped
(2) Don't press the rubber hardly not to hurt inside of
A material fitting called as shatter-hook terminal is
built in the rubber.
(3) Don't turn the foot of rubber over hardly!
The shatter-hook termianl will stick out or hurt the