2-10. Convergence Adjustment (1)
1. Input a dot pattern signal.
CONT ... Conspicuous position
BRT ... MIN
2. Align the horizontal R, G, and B dots at the center of
the screen with the H-START VR.
* When H-CENT is changed after H-STAT adjustment,
readjust H-STAT. (H-STAT will change by means of
3. Align the vertical location of R, G, and B in the center
of the screen with the V-STAT Mg. (Fig. 2-14, 2-15)
* After V-STAT adjustment, paint-lock the knob.
V-STAT Mg knob
While keeping the angles A and B equal (I = I'), align the
Fig. 2-14 Good example
If the A and B knobs are not symmetrical (I ≠ I'), the focus
may deteriorate, beam striking or other adverse effects may
Fig. 2-15 Bad example
4. For HMC, use the BMC Mg to adjust the R and B dots
so that they will be symmetrical horizontally with
respect to the G dot.
Change the opening
degree of the BMC Mg
to control the HMC.
5. For VMC, use the MBC Mg to adjust the R and B dots
so that they will be symmetrical vertically with respect
to the G dot.
Do not change.
For VMC control, turn
knob to the right or left
without changing ther
opening degree of the
6. Repeat adjustments 2. to 5.
* The above adjustment may affect the landing, so after
adjustment, check the landing again.
7. Paint-lock the knobs after adjustment.
Control the BMC Mg so
that A=A'. Maintain I = I'
when moving the Mg.
Make ajdustment so
that the gap will be the
same at the top and botton.