8 Save the effect program.
• If the song is playing, press the [STOP] key to
• Press the "Store" button to access the "StoreEf-
fect" dialog box.
• Specify the number for storing, press the "Exec."
button to save the effect program.
When you save the effect program, it will be over-
written onto that number, and the previous settings
of that number will be lost.
Controlling an effect from an
You can also control an insert effect in realtime by using
an expression pedal such as the EXP-2 (foot controller)
or an external MIDI controller.
For the effect parameters that can be controlled, refer to
"Effect Parameter List" ( p.113–)
1 Connect an expression pedal (separately sold
option: EXP-2 foot controller) or external MIDI
controller. ( p.17)
2 Select the external device that will control the
• Access the [SYSTEM] "Control" tab page.
• In "Device (CtrlChgDevice)," select "Pedal" if
you wish to use an expression pedal, or select a
MIDI message if you wish to control via MIDI.
• If you set "Device (CtrlChgDevice)" to be con-
trolled by a MIDI message other than "Pedal,"
you must set the [SYSTEM] "MIDI" tab page
"GlobalCh (GlobalChannel)" setting to match
the MIDI channel of the external MIDI device
that is transmitting the control messages.
3 Select the insert effect that you wish to control.
Use "Ass(#) (CtrlChgAssign)" to select the insert
effect that will be controlled.
4 Select the effect program that you wish to control.
• In the [INSERT EFFECT] "InsEff1"–"InsEff4"
tab pages, choose the insert effect that you
selected in step 3.
• Select "EffectNumber," and rotate the [VALUE]
dial to select the effect program.
If the selected effect includes a control function,
and the conditions allow the effect to be con-
trolled, a "#" symbol will be added at the end of
the effect program name.
5 Specify the parameter to be controlled, and the
range of control.
• Press the "(Effect Program Name)" button.
The "Effect Algorithm" dialog box that makes
up that effect program will appear.