When using an electrical appliance, basic safety precautions
should always be followed, including the following:
Read all instructions before using this sewing machine. Keep the
instruction at a suitable place that close to the machine, and hand
it over if you give the machine to a third party.
- To reduce the risk of electric shock:
1. An appliance should never be left unattended when
2. Always unplug this appliance from the electric outlet
immediately after using and before cleaning.
3. Always unplug before re-lamping. Replace bulb with same
type rated 5 watts/12V.
- To reduce the risk of burns, fire,
electric shock, or injury to persons:
1. This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including
children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities,
or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been
given supervision or instruction concerning use of the
appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
2. Do not allow to be used as a toy. Close attention is necessary
when this appliance is used by or near children and infirm
3. Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in this
manual. Use only attachments recommended by the
manufacturer as contained in this manual.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
4. Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play
with the appliance.
5. Never operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug,
if it is not working properly, if it has been dropped or
damaged, or dropped into water. Return the appliance to the
nearest authorized dealer or service center for examination,
repair, electrical or mechanical adjustment.
6. Never operate the appliance with any air openings blocked.
Keep ventilation openings of the sewing machine and foot
controller free from accumulation of lint, dust, and loose
7. Keep fingers away from all moving parts. Special care is
required around the sewing machine needle.
8. Always use the proper needle plate. The wrong plate can
cause the needle to break.
9. Do not use bent needles.
10. Do not pull or push fabric while stitching. It may deflect the
needle causing it to break.
11. Switch the sewing machine off ("O") when making any
adjustments in the needle area, such as threading needle,
changing needle, threading bobbin, or changing presser foot,
and the like.
12. Always unplug sewing machine from the electrical outlet when
removing covers, lubricating, or when making any other user
servicing adjustments mentioned in the instruction manual
(pull power plug).
13. Never drop or insert any object into any opening.
14. Do not use outdoors.
15. Do not operate where aerosol spray products are being used
or where oxygen is being administered.