When using an electrical appliance, basic safety precautions
should always be followed, including the following:
Read all instructions before using this sewing machine.
- To reduce the risk of electric shock:
1. An appliance should never be left unattended when
2. Always unplug this appliance from the electric outlet
immediately after using and before cleaning.
3. Always unplug before re-lamping. Replace bulb with same
type rated 5 watts/ 12V
- To reduce the risk of burns, fire,
electric shock, or injury to persons:
1. Do not allow to be used as a toy. Close attention is necessary
when this appliance is used by or near children and infirm
2. Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in this
manual. Use only attachments recommended by the
manufacturer as contained in this manual.
3. Never operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug,
if it is not working properly, if it has been dropped or
damaged, or dropped into water. Return the appliance to the
nearest authorized dealer or service center for examination,
repair, electrical or mechanical adjustment.
In a double-insulated product, two systems of insulation are
provided instead of grounding. No grounding means is provided
on a double-insulated product nor should a means for grounding
be added to the product. Servicing a double-insulated product
requires extreme care and knowledge of the system and should
only be done by qualified service personnel. Replacement parts for
a double-insulated product must be identical to those parts in the
product. A double insulated product is marked with the words
"DOUBLE INSULATION" or "DOUBLE INSULATED".
may also be marked on the product.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
4. Never operate the appliance with any air openings blocked.
5. Keep fingers away from all moving parts. Special care is
6. Always use the proper needle plate. The wrong plate can
7. Do not use bent needles.
8. Do not pull or push fabric while stitching. It may deflect the
9. Switch the sewing machine off ("O") when making any
10. Always unplug sewing machine from the electrical outlet when
11. Never drop or insert any object into any opening.
12. Do not use outdoors.
13. Do not operate where aerosol spray products are being used
14. To disconnect, turn all controls to the off ("O") position, then
15. Do not unplug by pulling on cord. To unplug, grasp the plug,
16. This machine is provided with double insulation. Use only
This sewing machine is intended for household use only.
Keep ventilation openings of the sewing machine and foot
controller free from accumulation of lint, dust, and loose
required around the sewing machine needle.
cause the needle to break.
needle causing it to break.
adjustments in the needle area, such as threading needle,
changing needle, threading bobbin, or changing presser foot,
and the like.
removing covers, lubricating, or when making any other user
servicing adjustments mentioned in the instruction manual.
or where oxygen is being administered.
remove plug from outlet.
not the cord.
identical replacement parts. See instructions for Servicing of