With the IBM-4900 you can keep track of the length of each phone call. The timer automatically begins as
soon as the phone goes "off-hook". The call timer appears on the lower line of the display. You can reset the
timer if you don' t want it to begin until the other party answers the phone.
I. Press [SHIFT] +
2. Press [SHIFT] +
have the ability to transfer an outside call to any extension within your phone system.
Using the Speakerphone
I. Press the [TRNSFR] key.
2. Dial the extension number or press one of the Direct Station Select (DSS) keys.
3. A single beep will be heard if the call is successfully transferred. A double beep will be heard if the call
has not transferred.
Using the Cordless Handset
I. Press the [HOLD] key.
2. Dial the extension number.
the call has been transferred, if the extension does not pick up the transferred call, you will get a
ring-back signal (a double ring), your indication that
while it is
HANDSET LOCATOR FROM BASE
If the cordless handset has been misplaced, follow these steps to locate it.
I. Press the [PAGE] key on the base..
2. Press the [#] key on the base..
3. The handset will make a chirping noise for approximately 3 seconds.
NOTE: If the handset and base are separated,
in use by one person,
with the handset
SMARTHOME.COM™ 1-800-SMART-HOME 949-221-9200 http://www.smarthome.com
another person carrying the handset will be prevented from using the handset. That
double ' chirp' when trying to access a line. This means line access is unavail-
the call was not
picked up. Any station
one may be used at a time. For instance, if the base speaker-
can pick up a call