Paging differs from Intercom calling in that the party called does not have to answer the phone in order
to hear your message. This permits the caller to broadcast a message to one individual extension or all
phone extensions at once. Messages can be heard by any idle extension connected to line I whose Do
Not Disturb function is not active.
PAGING AN INDIVIDUAL EXTENSION
With the Speakerphone
I. Press the [PAGE] key on the base.
2. Both the [ICM] LED and the
3. Dial the desired phone extension or press one of the DSS keys. Your display will indicate the ex-
tension which you are paging.
4. Speak using the speakerphone or, optionally, you may lift the handset from the base and use it to
broadcast your message.
5. To end your call press the [SPKR] key (if you have lifted the handset, return it to the cradle or
press the [END] key).
With the Handset
I. Press the [ICM] key on the handset.
2. Dial the extension you wish to page.
3. Press the [ICM] key once again
4. To revert to intercom mode, press [ICM] again.
NOTES: lfthe extension you are paging is not id/e (the person is on the phone), you will hear the intercom
busy signal. Also note that if the extension being paged is a IBM-4900 (cordless model) and the cordless
handset is not resting on the
RECEIVING AN INDIVIDUAL PAGE
You will hear a single ring indicating that a page is coming.
Both the [MUTE] LED and the [ICM]
caller will be displayed.
No further action is necessary. Listen to the message over the speakerphone.
SMARTHOME.COM™ 1-800-SMART-HOME 949-221-9200 http://www.smarthome.com
base, you will hear a busy signal.