recommended by the manufacturer. If your system has a module containing a lithium battery, replace
it only with the same module type made by the same manufacturer. The battery contains lithium and
can explode if not properly used, handled, or disposed of. Do not:
• Throw or immerse into water
• Heat to more than 100° C (212° F)
• Repair or disassemble
To replace the system board battery, do the following:
1. Remove all media from the drives and turn off all attached devices and the server. Then, disconnect all
power cords from electrical outlets and disconnect all cables that are connected to the server.
2. Remove the server cover. See "Removing the server cover" on page 23.
3. Lay the server on its side for easier operation.
4. Locate the system board battery. See "Locating parts on the system board" on page 15.
5. Note the orientation of the system board battery and remove it from the socket.
Figure 72. Removing the system board battery
6. Follow any special handling and installation instructions that came with the new system board battery
and install the new system board battery into its socket. Make sure that the battery clip securely
holds the battery.
Note: Note the orientation of the system board battery when you install it into the socket.
Figure 73. Installing the system board battery
7. Dispose of the failing battery as required by local ordinances or regulations.
What to do next:
• To work with another piece of hardware, go to the appropriate section.
• To complete the installation, go to "Completing the parts replacement" on page 90. After you replace the
system board battery, you must reset passwords, system date and time, and reconfigure the server. See
Chapter 6 "Configuring the server" on page 95.
Completing the parts replacement
This section provides instructions to help you complete the parts replacement and turn on your server.
ThinkServer TD230 Installation and User Guide