A Lenovo optional device that
used to work does not work
• Follow the suggested actions in the order in which they are listed in the Action column until the problem is
• See the parts listing in the Hardware Maintenance Manual to determine which components are customer
replaceable units (CRUs) and which components are field replaceable units (FRUs).
• If an action step is preceded by "(Trained service technician only)," that step must be performed only by
a trained service technician.
1. Make sure that all of the hardware and cable connections for the device are
2. If the device comes with test instructions, use those instructions to test the
3. If the failing device is an SCSI device, make sure that:
• The cables for all external SCSI devices are connected correctly.
• The last device in each SCSI chain, or the end of the SCSI cable, is
• Any external SCSI device is turned on. You must turn on an external SCSI
device before you turn on the server.
4. Reseat the failing device.
5. Replace the failing device.