6. The front fan is attached to the chassis by four rubber mounts
rubber mounts and gently pulling the front fan out of the chassis.
Figure 63. Removing the front fan
7. Reinstall all hard disk drives. See "Installing a hot-swap hard disk drive" on page 41 or "Installing a
non-hot-swap hard disk drive" on page 49.
8. If you are instructed to return the removed front fan to the manufacturer, follow all packaging instructions
and use any packaging materials that are supplied to you for shipping.
What to do next:
• To work with another piece of hardware, go to the appropriate section.
• To complete the removal procedure, go to "Completing the parts replacement" on page 90.
Installing a front fan
Do not open your server or attempt any repair before reading and understanding the Safety Information and the
Warranty and Support Information on the ThinkServer Documentation DVD that came with your product, and
"Guidelines" on page 21. To obtain a copy of the publications, go to:
This section provides instructions on how to install a front fan.
. Remove the front fan by cutting the
Installing, removing, or replacing hardware