• If the non-hot-swap hard disk drive is secured in the bracket by screws, remove the four screws and
then remove the hard disk drive from the bracket.
Figure 37. Removing the screws that secure the hard disk drive
• If the non-hot-swap hard disk drive is secured in the bracket by retainers, remove the retainers on
both sides and then remove the hard disk drive from the bracket.
Figure 38. Removing the retainers that secure the hard disk drive
5. If you are instructed to return the removed non-hot-swap hard disk drive to the manufacturer, follow all
packaging instructions and use any packaging materials that are supplied to you for shipping.
What to do next:
• To work with another piece of hardware, go to the appropriate section.
• To complete the removal procedure, go to "Completing the parts replacement" on page 90.
Installing a non-hot-swap hard disk drive
Do not open your server or attempt any repair before reading and understanding the Safety Information and the
Warranty and Support Information on the ThinkServer Documentation DVD that came with your product, and
"Guidelines" on page 21. To obtain a copy of the publications, go to:
This section provides instructions on how to install a non-hot-swap hard disk drive. This section applies
only to server models that support non-hot-swap hard disk drives.
Installing, removing, or replacing hardware