1 Introduction 1.1 General This publication covers Husqvarna ride-on lawn mowers R 318X, R 316TX, R 320X AWD, R 316TX AWD, R 316TsX AWD, R 322TX AWD from model year 2018. Workshop manuals are available for models that are no longer sold.
2 Safety 2.1 General safety instructions • Use protective gloves when you do work on or near the blades. The blades are sharp and can give cut WARNING: Read the warning instructions that injuries. follow before you use the product. •...
2.5 Display The display on the instrument panel shows information of the status of the product. 2.6 Symbols on the product 1. Slope indicator 2. Hydraulic temperature indicator WARNING: Careless or incorrect use can 3. Oil pressure indicator result in serious injury or death to the 4.
Never cut grass across a slope. Do not cut grass on ground that slopes more than The blades are engaged. 10°. The blades are disengaged. Never carry passengers on the product or equipment. Servicing position for the cutting deck. Move forward. Operation position for the cutting deck.
WARNING: Always put supports on the 2 sides of the product to make it stable. 4. If the product has Bluetooth, lock the product with Husqvarna Connect. 1. Park the product on a hard and level ground. 5. Lower the cutting deck to the mow position.
3 Prepare and do servicing on the product 3.1 Pre delivery inspection Complete the sales certificate and the customer records. Write the serial number in the operator's manual and confirm the delivery service in the service book. 8 - Prepare and do servicing on the 855 - 002 - 28.03.2019 product...
Charge the battery at 12V, maximum 3A for 4 hours. 1. Put the seat in the frame. Servicing Use a Husqvarna battery charger. Refer to 2. Install the 2 screws (A). tools on page 16 . 4.2 To assemble the steering wheel 1.
4. Set the lift lever (B) for the cutting deck in mow 7. Push the cutting deck into the equipment frame. position. Make sure that the front guide plugs go in the grooves on the equipment frame. 8. Push the cutting deck in until the rear guide plugs touch the bottom of the grooves on the equipment frame.
11. Move the cutting height lever (A) from the servicing 3. Push down the lift lever for the cutting deck to lower position. the cutting deck. 4. Release the clip on the front cover with the tool attached to the ignition key, and lift off the cover. 12.
8. Lift the cutting height stay and put it in the holder for 5. Measure the distance between the ground and the the cutting height stay. front and rear edges of the cutting deck. Make sure that the rear edge is 4–6 mm (1/5″) higher than the front edge.
5 Function test 5.1 Operation conditions These conditions are necessary to start the engine: • The operator sits in the seat. • The parking brake is applied. • The cutting deck is lifted. The engine must stop in these situations: •...
6 Maintenance 6.1 Maintenance schedule for the workshop 1. PREPARATIONS First serv- Maintenance interval in hours Do a check of the battery. Do a check of the blades. Make sure that the hydraulic hoses and couplings are clean and not damaged. Do a check of the belts and pulleys.
3. TRANSMISSION, CONTROLS AND DRIVE SYSTEM First serv- Maintenance interval in hours Do a check of/adjust front and rear wheel speed, AWD models only To do Do a check of the oil in the transmission and fill if it is necessary. Refer to a check of the transmission oil level on page 32 .
4. Put the switch to the RPM position for measuring rpm or TOT for measuring the number of revolutions. 5. Press and hold the measuring button on the side of the instrument. Point the measuring laser beam at the object and the reflection tape. The display automatically illuminate after 1-2 seconds.
8 Function overview 8.1 Product overview 9 10 8.2 Serial numbers on the product 1. Forward pedal 2. Rearward pedal The engine serial number (A) is found on the left side of 3. Display the engine. 4. Lift lever for the cutting deck The transmission serial number (B) is found behind the 5.
8.3 Engine bypass valve is open, the oil drains from the transmission. The product has an air-cooled engine from Briggs & Stratton or Kawasaki. Information about engine repairs is not given in the workshop manual. Refer to the engine manual supplied by the engine manufacturer. 8.4 Hydraulic system All AWD products have hydrostatic transmission.
8.6 Cutting deck One plug drains the hydraulic motor and the other plug drains the differential. The product cuts satisfactorily in small spaces because of the front attached cutting deck. The Combi Deck operates with BioClip or rear discharge. When the BioClip plug is removed, the cutting deck ejects the grass rearward.
9 Repair instructions 9.1 Chassis 5. Remove the screws from the hinges. 9.1.1 To remove the covers 126.96.36.199 To open the engine cover 1. Fold the seat forward. 2. Release the clip on the engine cover with the tool attached to the ignition key. 6.
188.8.131.52 To remove and install the front cover of the 184.108.40.206 To remove and install the lower steering column steering column cover 1. Remove the 2 screws and tilt the front cover of the 1. Remove the frame tunnel cover, the footrest plates steering column forward.
220.127.116.11 To remove the right footrest plate 18.104.22.168 To remove the transmission cover 1. Turn the knob on the reverse pedal and remove the • Remove the 2 screws and remove the transmission knob. cover. 22.214.171.124 To remove the frame tunnel cover 2.
126.96.36.199 To adjust the throttle cable WARNING: Do not park the product on a grass slope when you do a check of the Note: The throttle cable looks different on different parking brake. engine models. 2. Push the parking brake pedal (A) down. 1.
188.8.131.52 To adjust the parking brake on 2WD products 9.1.5 Rear axle 1. Loosen the parking brake locknuts (A) on the 184.108.40.206 To disassemble the pivoting rear axle adjustment screw (B). Note: Do step 1-3 on AWD models only. 1. Make marks on the hydraulic hoses. This makes it easier to connect them correctly when you assemble the pivoting rear axle.
8. Remove the idler spring. 15. Remove the snap ring (A) and washer from the pivoting rear axle and pull off the rear frame. 9. Remove the ball joint for the speed control (A). 16. Remove the snap ring and washer from the inner groove on the pivoting rear axle (B).
3. Align the outer edges of the bushings with the outer 220.127.116.11 To replace articulated steering bearing edge of the hole. WARNING: Use protective goggles and gloves when you remove and attach the center spring. 4. Lubricate the bushings with a lithium based grease. 18.104.22.168 To assemble the pivoting rear axle To remove and install the engine 1.
8. Attach the new bearings. 5. Disconnect the electrical connectors from the engine. 9. Assemble in opposite sequence. 10. Do a check of the tension of the steering cable. To examine and adjust the steering cables Refer to on page 58 . 11.
8. Remove the heat shield on the exhaust pipe if the 11. Remove the transmission belt spring from the belt product has a Kawasaki engine. tensioner. 12. Lift the transmission belt from the tension pulley. 13. Remove the engine pulley covers on the left and right side of the product.
15. Hold the belt pulley with a counterhold and remove 17. Remove the 4 engine fixtures. the Allen screw that holds the belt pulley and engine Servicing tools on page 16 . together. Refer to 16. Loosen the belt pulley from the engine shaft. Use a Servicing tools on puller if it is necessary.
3. Loosen the dipstick and pull it out. Note: The illustrations of the oil drain plug shows a Briggs & Stratton engine. 1. Put a container below the oil drain plug. 2. Open the plastic cap on the end of the oil drain plug. 4.
For model R 318X. 9.2.4 To do a check of the transmission oil level Note: Do the transmission oil check when the transmission is cool. 1. Put the product on a horizontal surface. 2. Remove the screws, one on each side, and remove the transmission cover.
3. Loosen the hose clip that holds the air filter 3. Lift the end of the air filter to remove it. cartridge. 4. Remove the air filter cartridge from the filter housing. 4. Hit the paper filter against a hard surface to clean it. Do not use compressed air.
9. Tighten a used spark plug ⅛ of a turn more, and a 10. Replace the ignition cable shoe. new spark plug ¼ turn more. CAUTION: Do not try to start the engine if CAUTION: Spark plugs that are not the spark plug or ignition cable is removed.
9.3.2 Electrical diagram Green Black Red/Black Black Black White/Green Black/White White White/Black Pink Yellow Diagnostic Green Oil pressure Grey Brown Kawasaki Black/White Black 1 2 3 Orange Orange Grey/Red Black Black/White Brown Orange Brown/White Black Blue White Red/Black Violet Orange Black/White Briggs&Stratton Starting...
4. Make sure that the servicing indicator symbol on the 4. Install in opposite sequence. display is not shown. 9.3.7 To disassemble and assemble the ignition switch 1. Remove the side cover on the control panel. 2. Remove the ignition key. 9.3.5 To disassemble and assemble the seat microswitch 1.
9.3.8 To do a check of the start solenoid 9.3.9 To disassemble and assemble the start solenoid 1. Measure the voltage on the terminals (A and B) on the battery. Make a note of the voltage. 1. Disconnect the red cable on the positive terminal of the battery (A).
9.4 Fuel system 9. Remove the nut on the fuel tank cable and lift the fuel tank. 9.4.1 To remove the fuel tank WARNING: Gasoline is very flammable and dangerous for the environment. Make sure to prevent fire and spill. 1.
6. Connect the fuel sensor connector (B). 7. Fill the tank with fuel and do a check that there are no leaks. 8. Install the covers. 9.4.3 To replace the fuel filter 1. Open the engine cover to get access to the fuel filter.
9.5 Hydraulic system 9.5.1 Hydraulic system overview 9.5.2 Hydraulic component location 40 - Repair instructions 855 - 002 - 28.03.2019...
A: Hydraulic oil tank – front transmission • Make the work area clean with white spirit. To only clean the parts that are disassembled is not B: Hydraulic tank – rear transmission sufficient. Tools and areas from where dirt can fall C: Rear transmission –...
To keep the hydraulic system identify the hoses with the part numbers on the hoses if Obey the instructions in clean on page 41 . the marks are damaged. 1. Put a container below the drain plugs. 2. Open the 2 plugs to drain the front hydrostatic transmission.
This filter is behind the rear transmission and must be CAUTION: Do not operate the speed pedals changed when the oil is changed. when the controls for the clutch valves are disengaged. To keep the hydraulic system Obey the instructions in clean on page 41 .
8. Operate the forward and rearward pedals for 4 – 5 4. Remove the front speed adjustment rod from the seconds. front transmission. 9. Fill the transmission oil tank if it is necessary. 5. Drain the oil. 10. Release the pedals. 11.
9. Remove the parking brake cable from the front CAUTION: Hold the hydraulic connection nuts transmission. with a wrench to prevent damage to the pipes or elbow nipples. 1. Assemble the front transmission in opposite To disassemble the front sequence. Refer to transmission on page 44 .
8. Loosen the hose from the transmission oil tank. Note: A small quantity of oil can leak although the Open the clamp for the suction pipe below the tank transmission is drained. and remove the hydraulic tank. 1. Put support below the product. Refer to To put supports below the product on page 7 .
22.214.171.124 To assemble the rear transmission 4. Put a screwdriver between the seal and the shaft, and remove the seal out of the shaft housing. To keep the hydraulic system Obey the instructions in clean on page 41 . CAUTION: Hold the connection nut with a wrench to prevent damage to the pipes or the elbow nipples.
126.96.36.199 To replace the output shaft seals of the 7. Use the thick end of a ¼ in. extension to carefully hydrostatic transmission tap down the seal. Move the extension around the seal until the seal is level with the top edge of the CAUTION: The area around the seal must be shaft housing.
9.5.14 Hydrostatic transmission cable 9. Loosen the 2 ball joints from the hydrostatic transmission cable. 188.8.131.52 To remove the hydrostatic transmission cable To remove 1. Remove the frame tunnel cover. Refer to the covers on page 21 . 2. Loosen the cable locknut for the front hydrostatic transmission ¼...
6. Attach the ball joint onto the rear part of the 184.108.40.206 To adjust the hydrostatic transmission cable hydrostatic transmission cable. Turn the ball joint To remove the 1. Remove the transmission cover. See 10-12 turns until the ball joint is the correct length. covers on page 21 .
4. Make a mark on the wheels on the adjustment tool WARNING: 2 persons are necessary to do this for wheel speed with reflective tape (B) or procedure. 1 person must always operate the equivalent. product during this procedure. 5. Start the engine and let it warm up at full speed until the wheel speed is stable.
9.6 Cutting system 4. Loosen the locknut (A) on the transmission adjustment shaft. 9.6.1 To put the cutting deck in servicing position To remove the cutting deck on 1. See steps 1–8 in page 11 . 2. Hold the front edge of the cutting deck with two hands and pull forward until it stops.
4. Lift the cutting height stay from the stay holder and 4. Put a bathroom scale below the front edge of the put it in the hole. cutting deck. 5. To make sure that no weight is applied on the support wheels, put a wooden block between the 5.
3. Loosen the nuts on the lift strut. 4. Turn the adjustment nut until there is no play between the cutting deck and the cutting height stay. 4. Turn the lift strut to extend the stay or make it shorter. Extend the stay to lift the rear edge of the 5.
4. Attach the new belt in reverse sequence. 7. Remove the 2 deck frame bolts. Note: A decal on the inner side of the cover shows how to put the belt. 9.6.7 To replace the belt on C103 1. Remove the cutting deck cover. 2.
9.6.8 Cutting deck belt overview 4. Remove the pulley. Use a puller if it is necessary. 5. Loosen the 4 screws that hold the blade bearing and 9.6.9 To replace the blades remove the bearing assembly from the cutting deck. 1.
7. Remove the protective washer. 4. To balance the blades put a rod horizontally in a vise. 8. Make a mark on one end of the shaft. Push out the 5. Put the center hole of the blade on the end of the shaft with a puller.
4. Put a small screwdriver (A) through the chain to prevent that the chain goes into the frame. CAUTION: Do not tighten the cables too much. 1. Do a check that the steering cables can be manually moved 5 mm up or down on the steering collar. 2.
6. Make sure that the steering wheel is in the center 4. Remove the steering cable pulley (C) and the position when the rear wheels are in center position. bushing (D). If not, reset the chain on the steering sprocket on the 9.8.4 To attach the steering cable pulley steering column or adjust the steering cable.
9.9 Belts 9.9.1 Belts overview 1. Remove the 2 screws that hold the belt shield and Transmission Engine pulley to transmission Belt 1 lift it off. belt pulley Engine pulley to intermediate Belt 2 Main belt pulley Equipment Intermediate pulley to cutting Belt 3 belt deck...
9.9.3 To remove the transmission belt 7. Remove the belt guide for the main belt. 1. Lift up the cutting deck. To remove 2. Remove the transmission cover. Refer to the covers on page 21 . 3. Remove the snap ring and remove the cooling fan. 4.
4. Attach the cooling fan and the snap ring for the 9.9.5 To remove and attach the main belt cooling fan. 1. Remove the rear belt guide for the main belt. 2. Remove the main belt and attach a new belt. 5.
3. Loosen the belt tensioner (A). 4. Release the equipment belt (B). 5. Pull the main belt off the intermediate pulley. The tension of the main belt loosens when the cutting deck is in the servicing position. 6. Remove the equipment belt from the intermediate pulley.
10 Troubleshooting 10.1 Troubleshooting schedule Fault Possible Steps Troubleshooting Action cause The start motor does not Cutting deck Make sure that the lift lever is in the start when the key lowered. top position. switch is turned to START. Parking brake Do a check of parking brake.
Fault Possible Steps Troubleshooting Action cause Measure the resistance between the Repair the cable or re- wiring to the pedal plate pin 2 and the place the wiring. negative battery terminal. If the lift lever is in the top position, the resist- ance must be low.
11 Technical data 11.1 Technical data R 318X R 316TX R 320X AWD Dimensions Length without cutting deck, mm 2028 2028 2013 Width without cutting deck, mm Height, mm 1165 1165 1165 Weight without cutting deck, with empty tanks, kg...
R 318X R 316TX R 320X AWD Spark plug Champion QC12YC NGK BPR4ES Champion QC12YC Electrode gap, mm/inch 0.75/0.030 0.75/0.030 0.75/0.030 Cutting deck Type C 94 C 94 C 94 C 103 C 103 C 103 C 112 C 112...