TURNING THE MACHINE ON/OFF
TURNING THE MACHINE ON/OFF
• Use only regular household electricity for the
power source. Using other power sources may
result in fire, electric shock, or damage to the
• Make sure that the plugs on the power cord
are firmly inserted into the electrical outlet
and the power cord receptacle on the
machine. Otherwise, a fire or electric shock
• Do not insert the plug on the power cord into
an electrical outlet that is in poor condition.
• Turn the main power to OFF and remove the
plug in the following circumstances:
• When you are away from the machine
• After using the machine
• When the power fails during use
• When the machine does not operate correctly
due to a bad connection or a disconnection
• During electrical storms
• Use only the power cord included with this
• Do not use extension cords or multi-plug
adapters with many other appliances plugged
in to them. Fire or electric shock may result.
• Do not touch the plug with wet hands. Electric
shock may result.
• When unplugging the machine, always turn
the main power to OFF first. Always grasp the
plug to remove it from the outlet. Pulling on
the cord may damage the cord, or lead to fire
or electric shock.
• Do not allow the power cord to be cut,
damaged, modified, forcefully bent, pulled,
twisted, or bundled. Do not place heavy
objects on the cord. Do not subject the cord to
heat. These things may damage the cord, or
cause fire or electric shock. If the cord or plug
is damaged, take the machine to your
authorized Brother dealer for repairs before
• Unplug the power cord if the machine is not to
be used for a long period of time. Otherwise, a
fire may result.
• (For U.S.A only)
This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade
wider than the other). To reduce the risk of
electrical shock, this plug is intended to fit in a
polarized electrical outlet only one way.
If the plug does not fit fully in the electrical
outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit,
contact a qualified electrician to install the
proper electrical outlet. Do not modify the
plug in any way.
Insert the power supply cord into the power cord
receptacle, then insert the plug into a wall outlet.
1 Main power switch
2 Power supply cord
Turn the main power switch to "I" to turn on the
• The light, LCD and the "Start/Stop" button light up
when the machine is turned on. The machine will
make a sound. This is not a malfunction.
When the machine is turned on, the opening movie is
played. Press anywhere on the screen.
Turn the main power switch to "O" to turn off the
■ Setting Your Machine for the First Time
When you first turn on the machine, set the language and
time/date to your language and local time/date.
to set your local language and then