Thank you for purchasing this machine. Before using this
machine, carefully read the "IMPORTANT SAFETY
INSTRUCTIONS", and then study this manual for the
correct operation of the various functions.
In addition, after you have finished reading this manual,
store it where it can quickly be accessed for future
Failure to follow these instructions may result in an
increased risk of personal injury or damage to property,
including through fire, electrical shock, burns or
Please read these safety instructions before attempting to
use the machine.
- To reduce the risk of electric shock
Always unplug the machine from the
electrical outlet immediately after using,
cleaning, when making any user
servicing adjustments mentioned in this
manual, or if you are leaving the
- To reduce the risk of burns, fire, electric shock, or
injury to persons.
Always unplug the machine from the electrical
outlet when removing covers, or when making any
adjustments mentioned in the instruction manual.
• To unplug the machine, switch the machine to the
symbol "O" position to turn it off, then grasp the
plug and pull it out of the electrical outlet. Do not
pull on the cord.
• Plug the machine directly into the electrical outlet.
Do not use an extension cord.
• Always unplug your machine if the power is cut.
• This machine should be connected to an AC power
source within the range indicated on the rating
label. Do not connect it to a DC power source or
inverter. If you are not sure what kind of power
source you have, contact a qualified electrician.
• This machine is approved for use in the country of
Never operate this machine if it has a damaged cord
or plug, if it is not working properly, if it has been
dropped or damaged, or water is spilled on the unit.
Return the machine to the nearest authorized
Brother dealer for examination, repair, electrical or
• While the machine is stored or in use if you notice
anything unusual, such as an odor, heat,
discoloration or deformation, stop using the
machine immediately and unplug the power cord.
• When transporting the machine, be sure to carry it
by its handle. Lifting the machine by any other part
may damage the machine or result in the machine
falling, which could cause injuries.
• When lifting the machine, be careful not to make
any sudden or careless movements, otherwise you
may injure your back or knees.
Always keep your work area clear:
• Never operate the machine with any air openings
blocked. Keep ventilation openings of the machine
free from the build up of lint, dust, and loose cloth.
• Never drop or insert any object into any opening.
• Do not operate where aerosol (spray) products are
being used or where oxygen is being administered.
• Do not use the machine near a heat source, such as
a stove or iron; otherwise, the machine, power cord
or garment being embroidered may ignite, resulting
in fire or an electric shock.
• Do not place this machine on an unstable surface,
such as an unsteady or slanted table, otherwise the
machine may fall, resulting in injuries.